Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Falling Asleep on the Bus

The cold weather is getting to me, especially when I have to stand out in 17 degree weather for 2 hours trying to get to work using public transportation.  If our city would just plow the roads, I could drive, but they won’t do a darned thing to clear the ice on the roads.

So I was totally falling asleep on the bus on the way home. Traffic was terrible and I kept dozing off and dreaming about something strange. Then I’d wake up enough to realize I was asleep but I couldn’t open my eyes. Oh it was terrible. I finally managed to wake up close to my stop. I don’t know if it’s the exercise I’m getting trekking through the ice and snow to get to the bus or if it’s just the cold, but man I just can’t keep my eyes open! Argh.

The funny thing is, at one point I realized I wasn’t sitting straight. I was riding in a sideways seat and was at the end of the row. Turns out the guy next to me was asleep, too, and was leaning on me, pushing me off the arm rest! Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment